April 7 and April 14
Since everyone is home and quarantined, it seems like carry out, curbside pick up, or delivery food options have become much easier and more people are 'eating out' than usual. Whether you are 'eating out' or eating at home, this is a fun activity to see what's actually in the food you consume. Please put some effort into this activity! It will be due Friday, April 17 (because we don't have class again until Tuesday, April 14 and I don't want you to feel like you have to work on it over break!). Read the following directions and complete the activity.
1. Choose a restaurant that has a website. It can be Fast Food or Sit Down.
2. Google your restaurant to find the nutrition facts. For example, if you are choosing McDonalds...google 'McDonalds Nutrition Facts pdf' or Chick Fil A....google 'Chick Fil A Nutrition Facts pdf'. If you can't find it, email me and I will help you. In order to do this activity, you need to find the nutrition facts for the restaurant and it's much easier if it is in a chart form.
3. Once you have found the nutrition facts, click on the Restaurant Activity link above.
4. There are 2 pages to the activity. The first is the NORMAL meal you will plan. Don't worry about nutrition or health, just plan ONE meal that you would choose from your restaurant. Write down the food and drink for the meal (you don't have to use all the boxes). Then, look up the numbers for each column for each item of your meal.
5. The second page is the HEALTHY meal you will plan. It doesn't have to be something you like. Just look through the nutrition facts to find something that is healthy. Plan ONE meal....an actual meal, not just a side salad and water. Write down the food and drink for meal (you don't have to use all the boxes). Then, look up the numbers for each column for each item of your meal.
6. Make sure you add the numbers up for each column and answer the question at the bottom of BOTH pages.
7. Share it with me.