Friday, January 10, 2020
Objective: Students will complete the RL.3 & 4 assessment and think about the similarities in the Radley and Robinson subplots.
Standard: RL.3 & 4
NOTE: We need to discuss Otus and reassessments.
1. We will discuss Chapters 7-9 of TKM by having students meet in teams to discuss various aspects of those chapters.
2. They will each meet at a whiteboard area and write the following for each chapter (we will go one chapter at a time):
- One question they still have about the chapter.
- A place in the chapter where one or more people on the team felt something as a result of what they read (mood).
- A place in the chapter where tone was clearly conveyed through the use of strong word choice (tone).
- A place in the chapter where speech, thought, effect on others, actions or looks was used to lead readers to make an inference about a character (indirect characterization).
HOMEWORK: Students will complete the RL.3 & 4 assessment Monday. Have a great weekend! Feel free to continue reading and annotating TKaM.