Friday, January 24, 2020
Objective: Students will take the list created on block day of problems found in the book and determine if those problems in 1930s Maycomb, Alabama, are problems in 2020 in Van Buren, Findlay, the state of Ohio and surrounding states, or the United States.
1. Students will go to Classroom and review the list of problems found in TKaM which we found on block day.
2. Students' job today is to find evidence of whether these problems are still problematic in Findlay, OH, and the surrounding area (Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Kentucky).
3. Here's my advice regarding finding evidence of whether these problems are still problematic: Start with the e-Courier at the top of the page (username: email@example.com, password: 4192993384). Look at today's paper and then click the Editions option to look at other days' papers.
4. After exploring the Courier, head to Google and search Ohio Newspapers, Michigan Newspapers, Pennsylvania Newspapers, Indiana Newspapers, or Kentucky Newspapers. When you look through the results, look for the newspapers for larger cities since they will provide the most article volume.
5. Why are we focusing on newspapers? We are focusing on them because we must have reliable resources.
6. If you find evidence, go to Classroom and open the TKaM PBL Resource Search form and complete it.
7. You will complete a new form for each resource you find.
FOLLOW-UP: Feel free to continue researching. If you find additional resources, add them to the resource search form. Read Chapters 12-14 for Tuesday.