Monday, January 27, 2020
Objective: Students will continue to determine if those problems in 1930s Maycomb, Alabama, are problems in 2020 in Van Buren, Findlay, Ohio, or the United States.
1. We will briefly look at the pie chart showing the variety of topics covered by evidence found in class Friday.
2. Students should continue exploring newspapers from Ohio and the surrounding states to determine if the problems they see in Maycomb, AL, are still found in our world.
3. If you haven't already, start with the e-Courier at the top of the page (username: email@example.com, password: 4192993384). Look at today's paper and then click the Editions option to look at other days' papers.
4. After exploring the Courier, head to Google and search Ohio Newspapers, Michigan Newspapers, Pennsylvania Newspapers, Indiana Newspapers, or Kentucky Newspapers. When you look through the results, look for the newspapers for larger cities since they will provide the most article volume.
5. Why are we focusing on newspapers? We are focusing on them because we must have reliable resources.
6. If you find additional evidence today, go to Classroom and open the TKaM PBL Resource Search form and complete it.
7. You will complete a new form for each resource you find.
FOLLOW-UP: Feel free to continue researching. If you find additional resources, add them to the resource search form. Read Chapters 12-14 for tomorrow.