Block Day - Wednesday, February 19 / Thursday, February 20, 2020
Objective: Students will continue exploring the Need to Know column to learn what information is going to be necessary for them to have for the PBL.
Standard: RI.5 (I can identify an author's claim and the particular portions of text that support his/her claim.)
1. Students will have twenty minutes to read independently.
2. Like I said Tuesday, feel free to read Chapter 18 and beyond if it fits into your schedule.
3. Today we are going to continue exploring the Need to Know column(s) you completed last Wednesday or Friday to build a foundation of knowledge related to the question(s) you identified last week.
4. Our goal again today is to identify sources which will allow students to learn what they need to know about their topics before we start constructing the walls of your PBL "house." When researching, remember the following:
- You are encouraged to use the Chrome add-on Scrible to add articles to your Scrible library. You can highlight, add notes, etc. This will REALLY help you keep your sources organized because you do need to keep track of your resources.
- You can limit your search results using Google search modifiers like site:.edu, site:.gov, etc. We need reliable resources. Websites with the .com domain likely won't be very useful.
- You searching doesn't have to stop in class. You have two AA periods between now and Friday in addition to a class period. Keep searching for sources of credible, useful information so you have a wide range of information.
5. As you work, you might come up with new information for your Need to Know column. Keep adding that information to your document.
6. If you have anything interesting you have learned over the last few days, please share it on socrative.com in the exit ticket found there.
FOLLOW-UP: Continue researching with the goal of finding as many sources of information as possible for Friday.